The Family Fang


by Kevin Wilson
4.5 out of 5 stars

This was a very quirky and enjoyable read...while at the same time tragic. The Fang family takes dysfunctional to a whole new level, yet there is still a lot of love lurking amongst them. It's also kind of a study of "what is art," and how much do you let your art rule your life if you consider yourself an artist? I found myself mostly disapproving of the parents -- they are the kind of people you want to punch in the face for their arrogance, even though you might even agree with their point. The kids, despite their bizarre childhood and upbringing, are plucky and likeable, and I found myself wanting to meet them, if not for a friendship, then for an interesting conversation. I'm going to check out other writing by this author.

No comments:

Post a Comment