This Time Together: Laughter and Reflection

by Carol Burnett
4 out of 5 stars



I really wanted to love this book, and, happily, I did. But it helps that I love Carol Burnett too, so I'd probably love her rendition of just about anything. Listening to her tell the story is great, because she's a fun narrator (complete with Tarzan yells!), though the book (which I also checked out) has photos in it (which is why I checked it out along with the CDs. I'm clever that way). I usually don't like memoirs, but this was so well told and hilarious -- I laughed out loud several times while driving, and the era she's reminiscing about, her early years in New York, and the romance of it all is wonderfully captured. And really, how can you not enjoy a story about her doing a Tarzan yell in a fancy department store to prove she was Carol Burnett so she could write a check? You just can't. I grew up watching her variety show, so I also enjoyed learning more about her earlier years and how her career got started. And her book also reminded me of what a pioneer she really was. Highly recommend!

No comments:

Post a Comment